Sartorial Philosophy.

Monday, November 24, 2008

economy = depressing

I need to stop reading The Cut... really.

“Avant-garde fashion probably exists out there, but it is somewhere on the streets … what is avant-garde today is mainstream tomorrow. It can be copied and marginalized very easily.” Luxury-industry consultant Concetta Lanciaux, based in Paris, says younger generations don't want avant-garde. “Avant-garde is the desire to break with the establishment, and today the desire is the opposite.”
It's too soon to say just how the economic downturn will affect Fashion Week in February, but expect it to be anything but immune. IMG recently sent out venue packages to designers so they can reserve Bryant Park for their shows, and reservations are trickling in.
Now I'm feeling like a hypocrite. I just made fun of someone else for obsessing over internet life stimulation. Looks like I'll be blogging about style more this winter. Since fashion is becoming a depressing over-the-net type of thing. I need to get out of this *fashion so great* stage. fast.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails