Sartorial Philosophy.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

mmmyeah...

I haven't had time to blog lately. The state is checking for copetence this week (PSSAs). So while I'm busy with that scroll on down to my blog roll and read what I read. idk, maybe i'll throw up some banter through my standardize test ventures.

Oh. Well. Lucas wanted me to analyze his style. Sad, I'm at his house because I left my key at home. He's my neighbor you know. I'm doing very well, I quite adore his parents. They feed me and I love it. I'm feeling quite bitter now, though. He's got me watching the Colbert Report where this band plays their music. Something about Cornell West and Dear Science. They are not impressive. Sort of a personification of Lucas' style. Everyday I see him I'm utterly disappointed to see him maintain such a dowdy image. He is among the many high schoolers I know who dress to simply put clothes on. For that reason there is very little to comment on. Consistently he allows me to be reverse impressed by his clothing. After seeing him choose what he wears I am convinced that, no I'm not gonna pull a blind joke, IT for Google might be more interested to choose not to wear brown, black, blue and purple in one outfit. Did I mention Lucas has expectation for me? Lucas seems happy how he is so I won't give any sartorial advice. Done.

Now, stop thinking that. I don't go around thinking these things and I don't like pushing my sartorial thoughts on other people. I'm not the jerk I make myself to be here. I really have no one to talk to about fashion, so this is what I do... 'Nuff said.

5 comments:

Srta.G@SLA said...

This band you speak of is TV on the Radio out of the Brooklyn scene and they ROCK. Seriously, just give them a chance. You like Thom Yorke, right? They're not quite as electronic as TY, but, at times, they have a similar style.

Also, in reference to Lucas' style, I think you're a smart man not to try and change it. His presence thrives on comfort and how could you feel right about taking that away from him?

Finally, TVOTR has nothing to do with Cornell West other than the lead singer slightly resembles him.

Lucas said...

Thanks ms.G but Jerome wasnt wrong. I really only put clothes on for comfort and because i have to. I dont really care. And I have tried and just cant get into TVOTR featuring Cornell West.

Srta.G@SLA said...

What is wRoNg with you people?! TVOTR is the best! Try listening to songs from their old album (Return to Cookie Mountain) like "Wolf Like Me" "Satellite" or "Province." "Love Dog" from the new album (Dear Science) is my fav.

My apologies, Jerónimo, for discussing music on your fabulous fashion blog. We promise to take this absurd conversation elsewhere.

Lucas said...

Also, TV on the Radio. Really. Where does that name come from. I might like them if their name was radio on the tv. That would make more sense.

J. Thom said...

I will have to admit that I am quite disappointed in the fact that one might think that the lead singer of TV on the Radio resembles Dr. Cornell West. As for the young man featured in this blog, Lucas, I don't think he should change his style. I think the disheveled look really paints an accurate picture of how Lucas' being functions. At first glance it may look unappealing but a closer examination will lead you to the brilliance that lurks behind those political savvy shirts and untied shoe laces. I think I may have to start a fashion blog myself...

Related Posts with Thumbnails