Sartorial Philosophy.

Friday, November 6, 2009

Split

So, I went to Barnes & Noble tonight before getting on the train this evening. This time I have a just cause to reward myself after spending 3 hours in a café doing work. A nice cafe it turns out. It will remain nice too since you won't know where it is, you stalker. Oh, your reading my blog. Thanks!

Oh, right. I'm blogging. So yeah, I bough this magazine: FANTASTIC MAN. All magazine titles will be capitalized from now on, they are important to me and will be stressed as so. ANYWHOOO, (oh no, that's not a title of a magazine, I really just need to move on) I bough this magazine that I was really proud of purchasing because I sat and read and it's really funny. One of the magazines I spend upwards of $10 dollars on and feel great about it in the end. Let me tell you why it is so good: the sartorial credits are a 2nd person narrative of what is being worn, complete with the names of models! Fashion magazines are often so serious they forget to acknowledge models as humans! That's why I don't get why people want to be models. You should rather be a cinematographer if you like to be in the middle of things. And if your attractive enough to be a model, you'll be attractive enough to hold a camera in someone's face for too long. Listen to me, this magazine is so not serious I can't even help sounding so giddy. I find I start writing in the style of something I've just read. Eden's Large Prime has had me inspired to think of writing a little critical and grim lately. But I had to forget about blogging in the intern because of the amount of work I've got on my hands. I'm applying to college you know. And tomorrow I'm taking the SAT subject tests for the schools that require it. So I'm here writing to get inspired to read also. Plus I'm in such a good mood. I'll take a break from being serious.

Anyways, I'm being interviewed right now as we speak. My counterpart is here to interview me since I'm in such a good mood. He's been waiting a while. Not really a while, I've just decided to interview myself... 20 minutes ago.

What's the most general misconception that people have of you?
People usually assume I'm judging them. Adult usually. They ask in an the most uncomfortable way what I think about them or what they are wearing. I'm usually not aware until they ask; but then I might take too long looking for something to compliment them on or I might try to figure out the best way to say that they aren't wearing brown and blue in a more correct way and the interaction grows stale. But it really depends on my mood, because I might be judging you, but that would be because I'm not int he best mood.

How tall are you?
6'4".

Do you mind getting older?
Nah. I feel like I might not get enough accomplished between now and when I get old. But it's hard to speak in terms of the future when your not there yet. I'm only 17, so it would be great being 18. But by the time I'm 18 I'll be almost on my own in college. But right now getting older means more freedom, not from parents but to just take your time in life. It would be less about getting things done in the hour and more getting this done in a flexible amount of time.

What do you see when you look in the mirror?
I see what other people see of me. I don't especially love mirrors but there comes a time when I forget what I look like. I'll walk past a mirror and get surpised because the only time I really worry about what I look like is in the morning when I put everything on. After that, I'm going to school so I have to be more extroverted.

Do you have a fitness regime?
I run at least once a week. I've been training for a marathon since February of this year. It feels like longer because, I'm not sure, everything seems like it passes by so quickly and there are so many things going on I forget to be aware of the past. So I run with my small team from school. I hate the feeling of deja-vu and time patterns, they make my stomach hurt. So I try to change it up when I can. Like running on another trail versus the other.

What are you most looking forward to?
College. But the thing I am also least looking forward to is college. The thought that I will be rejected from somewhere hurts. Somewhere in my chest cavity is a place where emotional investments are paid for and need some type of return for gratification for dopamine. When an emotional investment goes sour I can't help but recoil from a blow. College will be the time of my life, but it will be a pain trying to get in anywhere. No one goes in knowing anything. That is the worst part about it, you just have to wade it out to see if your dream will select you from the crowd. Then your existence is validated. I really just want to be validated.

Good Luck on the SATs.
Thanks!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails