Sartorial Philosophy.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ombré Acid Visons of Hair

Last year during the spring-fall transition there were style and runway hints to Ombré versions of died hair. Proenza Scholer had messy versions peppered in throughout their runway show. 


Style.com

Tommy Ton acknowledged the trend on JAK&JIL with his pic of stylist Katie Shillingford.



And Refinery 29 has other examples on the likes of other fashionable street styles. I felt like it was a familiar trend that I've seen amongst the girls who could care a lot less about fashion. Intense greens, purples, pinks and yellows have been normal contemplation for lots of girls I know.


Moriah







I think I was too close.



This is actually Fannah Heldman of WAHA blog fame, who looks an awful lot like Lady GaGa's newest tresses. I happen to know who was first at this yellow, and it ain't GaGa.






Rachel B. subject of my Hallway Style Profile column in the school newspaper. She's stylish, actually.

Interesting, since for me the trend stemmed from these girls who dye and re-dye their hair in cycles. But I also feel like any of these girls could wear Rodarte and pull it off in the most sincere way. Look at the ombré dyed dress from the fall 2 years ago.



I feel like Mulleavy girls have helped take the pretentious air away from high street style. Besides it being called street style. People don't seem to take themselves so seriously and the connections between normal people style. Or maybe there are people who are still really serious about fashion and I'm just witnessing a style revolution like when Day-Glo wasn't tacky. Now that street style is so close to high fashion because of the internet, this seems like what's happening.
(All Images else where notes are from Style.com. All others are my own.)

Terminus.
Related Posts with Thumbnails