Sartorial Philosophy.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Prada and other Bon Bots.

Admittedly, I am going to end up sounding very Tim Blanks. But it's going to be okay because the Prada show was atypical runway. So I don't mind giving a typical runway show a typical response. 



Screenshots taken from the Prada site.

But, midway through the Prada show online there was a welcome. "WELCOME" to the Prada world, world, it seemed to say. By this time I was already convinced, Miuccia this season was aiming for a city feel.


The Prada man came marching out to a set that emulated the streets of your anytown metropolis. Complete with a diverse and busy-busy no stop feel that is synonymous with your everyday walking to work. Models walked through a diversely colored catwalk that were elaborated in the clothes. However, the was something interesting about the clothes.



Seeing each of the looks my interest in what Miuccia was thinking rung loudly. Each, well maybe not all, of the looks reminded me of something that might be quickly identified with another brand. There were simply variations of the things we wear everyday. "What is different here?" -I asked myself. Then I realized what the details were saying.





All runway shots from Men.Style.com

Look. These looks are taking very feminine cues. I don't know what to call that collar, but it's clearly sprawling out towards the shoulders. This while the coats are giving off a 60s vibes. I'm sorry I don't have the vocabulary now, but:







Disregarding the rounded collars, AIN'T I RIGHT? The rest of the show used this same idea.






Very, interesting no? Muccia's Prada Man has wandered back into his mother's closet for some whimsy. Or is it his own?

But it's not over.



Terminus.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails