Sartorial Philosophy.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

You ever get that punch in the gut feeling from a something that takes too many design elements and puts them into one? Much like the way a Dries Van Noten or an Etro collection could be nauseating if not properly navigated? I feel like the Mulleavy sisters are relative with their own way of communicating their many inspirations that can sometimes become overwhelming to digest. Their focus can seem like an intense view of their aesthetic references in an unsettling beautiful view.

At the point where Spring collection for 2009 and the fall collection for 2009 intercepted, I felt like Rodarte had reached a sort of zenith in their aesthetic motifs. In a sense, I felt they had found their way of relaying all of their background inspiration in their 'Rodarte' way. However, they unmistakably own their originality and use it to create undeniable beauty.

But the Fall 2010 collection has definitely shown me that they can create a collection with several design elements that fit a singular concept, but still use their motifs to create something original. And this time, I don't feel overwhelmed.


These two opening looks speak volumes to their western subject matter and maintain "Rodarte" design elements. I really appreciate the Mulleavy Sisters. 

Pictures from Style.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails