As you may be able to see here on the right side of this site here is an advert for my portfolio website. A while ago, when I applied to Carnegie Mellon and Parsons, I had to have my portfolio ready to be viewed some place, so I set up VexillumDegredior.com to be able to share my work online – and make it available for you to buy!
The site's name, Vexillum Degredior, was the name I hoped to use for my senior project later down the road. Vexillum Degredior, as you may be suspecting, is Latin. Vexillum Degredior is the Latin translation of "Standard Deviant." (I wanted desperately to use standard deviant as a namesake, but if you have been in secondary school in the 2000's, you know it is definitely taken. So, I figured taking the link to the basic roots of Romantic language was good enough.) So, in hopes of creating clothing for my senior project in the future, I took the opportunity to have that site up to have an e-commerce platform for my senior project.
So when the time came to muse up my senior project I decided that there was a subject that I wanted to focus on. Being around my peers who are not usually informed on fashion, I wanted to focus on fashion literacy. Being a tech savvy internetter, I thought of all of the funny memes and appropriation art that are beginning to take off in popular teenage culture. First Marcel Duchamp's L.H.O.O.Q. and eventually his famous readymade art, to So, I wanted to find a way to appropriate the idea of fashion culture on a t-shirt. This is where my idea was born.
It seemed fitting to put phonetic spellings of designers names because some if not most people don't know how to pronounce. And since I wanted to focus on fashion literacy, I wanted to inspire some kind of awareness amongst people who feel that the fashion is inaccessible. So, I put the phonetic spellings of the fashion houses Givenchy, Zegna, Christian Lacriox, Hermés and Missoni for good measure.
Ultimately, this is a social marketing project to help direct my peers to the often ignored subject of high fashion.
And so, the line of t-shirts is called VEXED as it reflects the name of Vexillum Degredior. And here are the inaugural products. All of them are now available at Vexillum Degredior.
AIR MEZ - Hermés
GIVE EN CHEE - Givenchy
La Cwah - Christian LaCroix
Zen Yah! - Ermenigildo Zegna
MOSS CEE NO - Moschino
MISS SONY - Missoni
These are all available to buy now at Vexillum Degredior.




No comments:
Post a Comment