Sartorial Philosophy.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

3rd attempt.

Okay, after a few times getting together something specific to talk about, I think I have gotten to the point where I can write to vent and develop some of my idea's about the interests in my life. I need to make up for not reading too much, I feel like writing is practice enough to refine my skills. There are so many things I think about that I feel like i should just write. But for some reason I feel like there is no point in writing for myself, so there must be some joy writing for a mystery audience. So, I blog. This, being my first. And I feel like answering some questions should help you.

Job?
Student at one of the best schools on the east coast. SLA.

Best Sartorial advice from your parents?
Overdressing is always a good thing.

Style icons
Lanvin man, Sam Sparro, Father.

Describe your personal style
In a way minimalist, smooth and bold.

I build my daily look around
Emotion

Personal Style quirk
Unexpected colors.

Favorite designers
Alber Elbaz, Michael Bastain, J.Lenderg, Miuccia Prada, Karl Lagerfeld and Raf Simons.

Most cherished item
Pair of brown leather Top-siders.

I feel best wearing?
Church/Professional clothes.

The first thing I look at in another Sartorialist's outfit ...
shirt.

I always break this fashion rule.
Match and color coordinate.

I never break this fashion rule.
Dress for the occasion.

Never caught wearing?
Plunging neck line.

Most underrated item in menswear/womenswear?
Cumberband

Dress to impress who?
1. Myself 2. Peers

Shine your own shoes?
Anyone else seems do do it better if I do at all.

Favorite stores?
American Apparel & J.Crew.

Your next "must have" purchase?
More cords.

I only buy __________ in Europe.
...Never been. If I could, I'd say scarves.

I skimp when buying ...
Socks and pants.

I splurge on.....

Honestly? Food. After that, impulse items.

Favorite item of clothing
Grey Clae Russel High tops

Guilty pleasure
Shirts.

Cologne, skincare?
Kistna "cologne" from the Body Shop and Nivea lotion.

Most stylish city (Milan, Paris, London, New York, other)
I can only tell you about Philly, thats the West Philly. The more west you go the better.

When I was (in) high school I wore?
Wore (wearing) bold colors and distinguishing staples.

Sports?
Golf, Tennis and Swimming.

Favorite fashion magazine?
INDIE

Favorite vacation spot?
Rehobeth.

Favorite neighborhood restaurant?
Lazaro's Pizza. Addictive.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails