Sartorial Philosophy.

Monday, September 29, 2008

The End?

We have until tonight or sometime in the very near future to see what might be the last collection for Maison Martin Margiela. For the time he has been on my radar of inspiration, he has changed my confidence in my own creativity. Along with him, Raf Simons and more recently Gareth Pugh, my point of view is altered and it's easier to train my eye for that kind of art. I cannot say that I'm really going to miss his invisible persona, I mean I have only seen one picture of 'him,' and the man must try his best to avoid all of the types of glamourous press that fashion brings. Which brings me to what I was thinking about earlier on in my fashion digestion.

Is it possible to be wildly renowned and and have a personality? The likes of Daft Punk and Margiela have no identifiable disposition but yet, appeal to a not quite big but wide audience. So what kind of Designer could I be? I would love to have as much personality that translates into emotion in my clothing, but... Maybe I'm just worried whether or not people will like me. My usual paranoia. But, I digress. I'm much to young to seriously consider these things. But, at least I'm thinking about them. I cant make up my mind.

However, in the mean time I wish... I wish that M.Margiela could train me himself. But as I learn he doesen't have much of a hand in his namesake, I wonder with my heart that he might do me the service. It doesen't look like I will have much training seeing as my parent want more versatility for me, "If things don't work out, at least you can have the business education to provide food for yourself." ...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails