Sartorial Philosophy.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

New Art Project for this Quater

I have been thinking a lot about my art project this quarter. I had said I wanted to do a Pop art piece in the few days I was inspired by Andy Warhol. Thing is, I don't want to now. I don't want to get that, "omg your so Roy Lichtenstein!" or the "So you wanna be the next ____". No. I want to be me. This time I'm not tracing anything. This year I will not duplicate anything. The next thing I will be doing will be inspired by the spirit that Pop Art and the things I call beautiful all put together I call My Genius.

So, this is what I was thinking... After collaborating with Victoria Monahan a la my table in Art class, we made this.



So I'm sort of caught up in the we sh*t art thing. So one night I was playing with my old crayons and I picked up a bunch and I started doodling. I started by scribbling and I tried to notice shapes in random shape like I normally do, and saw that that it looked like a type of color smearing- okay stay with me. So I thought, we sh*t art could become an arrogant declaration of my confidence. So I would paint toilet paper with colorful smearing. Of course that's a bit vulgar. But... hey, I'll be art. I probly won't end up doing it, but it'd be fun seeing people's reactions to it. Something fun for you to know.

UPDATE: HAha, yeah. BAd idea. What WILL I be doing? Give me inspiration.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails