Sartorial Philosophy.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Chapeau

I didn't comment on the inauguration clothes for one reason. Everyone seemed to have done it and I felt like it would have been redundant to say: Ya Ya, promote the young and unknown! How down to earth they are with their J.Crew and simple red ties. What a personification! This presidential family represents us all with their accessible clothes! Positivity! But for everyone one thing stood out. The Chapeau di Aretha Franklin.


The Cut

It almost perplexes me because if we all saw Mrs.Cunningham's hat last Sunday at Bethany Baptist Church, then I question if they would really flip. So to me, this is nothing new. But people have flipped over this hat. There are more than 85,000 fans of the hat on Facebook, a website for the hat, t-shirts with the hat on it... And if you think they aren't serious, The Smithsonian wants it. So what is the hat?






Images from 'the hat' website and Urban Outfitters

Instant Pop Culture.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails