Sitting here at my laptop, reading the contents of my google rss reader I find myself at a loss for words. No, not necessarily at a loss, I've got a bunch to say but how I say it is the primal concern.
Recently I've been applying to schools and I've gone through a wave of editing the essays for those schools I'm applying to. I get a little sad when I hear that my writing reads pretentious and convoluted. Even during my blogging those words take on the same ways to describe some of the work I've done. While I'm clearing things up I'd like to rectify this if I can.
I say what I say, how I say it because that's just how it comes out. I don't edit myself to sound pretentious, I just express myself that way. I'm not going to apologize for this but I will say it not some snobby thing I try to do to impress you. It's just my style. I don't write the way I talk, and I certainly can't express myself in visual editorials that might enable you to see what I see. But my writing is the whole picture I can give to you as I see it. Yes, the thesaurus is my good friend, but only because a limited vocabulary of punchy narration doesn't really meet the result I'm going for. Not because I take extra time to impress you.
If this this blog with its hefty dialogue and its complicated grammar workings confuse you, I just suggest you take a little more time to see it from a different perspective. This is the world I create and when your here, realize you will not see it the want it to be said. Maybe you will if you do enjoy my writing.
I really hate the novel painter that paints the colonial ship port the way it is. I prefer the painter who uses his own perspective to interpret an image. Get with this impressionist writing.
terminus.
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment