Sartorial Philosophy.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Do You See What I See?

What do you see when you see the Fall 2010 Calvin Klein Collection from Francisco Costa?

Calvin Klein F/W 2010






Balenciaga F/W 2008?




No?


But maybe this is just a type of coat. My scant references and quasi-background on fashion is hardly enough to call this an efficient observation. Alber Elbaz gives us a direct reference of Jeanne Lanvin herself, but that's DNA. The Fuscia coat is a stretch, I know, but it kind of balances things.

Lanvin F/W 2007

all images from style.com

But in taking Calvin Klein in a definitive direction, I think he has used some elements from other designers in order to latch onto something fresh. But the look from my view looks on the contrived side of things. But of course those looks from Calvin Klein don't necessarily populate the show, I don't like the bit of fresh nostalgia.

Terminus.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails