Sartorial Philosophy.

Friday, June 18, 2010

I can't figure out enough ways to say sorry for neglecting to blog. But, as I've been transitioning out of high school, I've been pre-occupied with so many more things than Dress, Live, Think, Be. But here I am, trying to find things to go on blogging about. 

But considering the last season's clothes that walked down runways last february, I have the feeling that I don't have much to write about. 

I've taken fashion so seriously until now. I felt that fashion was art and worthy of meaningful analysis. The fact that fashion can be compared to art, helped me to write about clothes as if they were much more than just clothes. But this most recent season brought on clothes that were more conscious of ethics and addressed things like the people who will wear them. Designers mutually made more clothes than artfully conscious clothes. And I've got my own definition of artful clothes, and clothes designed for people is something I'm not really used to.

That was still exciting. But I'm not sure I have anything to say about it. --Not that I think the industry itself is perfect, but my distance from it is really discouraging. I'm not a consumer of the fashion I write about, I've got an autodidactic understanding of fashion, and I'm not sure I'll really be in it to influence it for myself. 

And as you might have guessed, I'm not sure about how all of this connected to blogging either. I'm just not sure. I think I've lost a bit of my blogging passion. Last night I watched Julie and Julia and I that hasn't helped. But I did realize something: I need to start creating things for my blog.

Up until now I'm not sure I've created enough for my blog to make it optimally meaningful. I haven't given my blog enough of my thoughts. So... I'll do more in the future.

My friend and I are going to do 100 strangers this summer. Being me, I'm gonna try to bring a sartorial edge to the written part of her photography vision of the project. That will manifest later, but I promise to make a little more of blogging so that I don't end up neglecting it for too long.

But I think there has been a death in the way I have done things before. Looking forward, there will be so many different things that I bring to Dress, Live, Think, Be. Dressing and Thinking will include being as a form of action, not just sitting and analyzing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails