Sartorial Philosophy.

Friday, February 27, 2009

The Unfaithful Marriage




February has not been such a good month to blog, hmm? My duties have been skewed for a while now and I've had very little time to sit down and thoughtfully put something together. But I have been thinking a lot lately. Thinking is healthy, no? The other day in art class I was working on something while listening to "All I could do..." or something or other from Cadillac Records, sung by this Beyonce character I like so much. So much emotion in that woman... erm, I mean, song. Anyshways, I was close to my hand stretched canvas and it cried to me. I looked up at it and progress has not been made. I let the world know through drupal a while ago of this project. Sadly, the canvas is long from finished, but there have been some small projects along the way that have distracted me from it.

But the song got me thinking, gosh... what an unhappy marriage this is between you and I, huh canvas? I mean, all of this emotion I need to express and I've been unfaithful to you with these other projects. But I've been trying out some of my own developed techniques on other things and incorporating it onto the canvas. But look at it. So unfinished...

I was introduced to canvas through Mademoiselle Hull who pushed me into this ambitious project to push me as an artist. I have been going nowhere on my own you see; and this new painting thing has now consumed me. The emotion required to commit to a large painting is hard so I attached some to it. Beginning from pop art influences, I worked my way from Lichtenstein to Dali in a matter of days. I wanted to stay fresh and modern so I kept this conceptual matter of circles present. I decided to make this personal so I conceptualized it more by preparing an explosion. See, I've got a lot of caged rage. I was once in a deadly accident involving a panda while I was in Japan. Takashi Murakami was oddly on duty for a team of paramedics and he decided to open me up and camoflage my insides with pastelle hues of thick paint and ever since I have not been able to contain myself around paint.

So through this painting I wanted to express that I really do try to contain myself but sometimes color through paint explodes and I need to just let the paint drip from the composedness of the grey overtones. So the grey spheres are containers of emotion that one day just exploded. So, I commited to capturing that through my hand streched canvases. Married, if you will, to this concept that I have become a little bored with... I promised myself I would return with new concepts though. I'll show it when it's ready.

1 comment:

Lucas said...

liked this one, good story. Well written, nice job. But on a serious not, you need to get over you beyonce obsession.

Related Posts with Thumbnails